You have no items in your shopping cart.
More and more people are into losing weight because of the physical and emotional hazards too much weight brings. Through the years, dieting has become one of the most popular means of losing weight to almost all overweight people in the world. Although there are seemingly countless testimonies of its effects, many experts agree that there are also side effects when this means of losing weight is not administered properly.
By definition, “dieting” refers to the practice of eating or drinking in a regulated manner in order to achieve a specific short-term objective of gaining and or losing size or weight. “Diet,” on the other hand refers to the habit of nutritional consumption and focuses more on a long-term goal.
Studies show that the most common objective of dieting is for a person to lose excess body fat. But, there are also kinds of diet that are prescribed in order to achieve a particular medical objective while some dieting are actually designed and prescribed to increase body fat or add up to muscle weight gain.
Diet is actually categorized into two: the weight-loss diets, which restrict the intake of specific foods or food groups in order to reduce body weight and the weight-gain diets, which are usually self-imposed in order to achieve a higher weight class.
Aside from that, special cases also require diets especially when it is related to certain medical conditions. Special diets usually include, exclude, or regulate a set of certain chemicals especially from the foods that contain them.
These special diets are usually given to diabetics to manage the person’s blood sugar levels; epileptics who adhere to Ketogenic Diet; celiac disease patients are advised to take a gluten-free diet; people who suffer from being lactose-intolerant are advised to veer away from milk products, kidney disease patients are restricted to eat foods that have high-sodium content while people who suffer from mild hypertension are advised to follow a diet low in fat and sodium and rich in fruits and vegetables.
Other specific types of diet to control weight include low-fat diets, low-carbohydrate diet or Atkins Diet, natural diets that include Paleolithic Diet and Evolution Diet, vegetarian diet, and very low-calorie diet. Experts say that different diets are designed to on weight loss and weight gain depending on the person’s need.
They also agree that if the person would want to use dieting in order to control weight, they must be very careful because different types of food affect the body’s total well being.
They should also seek professional help in losing or controlling their weight because Dieting—especially extreme food-intake reduction and rapid weight loss—may lead to prolonged hunger, depression, reduced sex drive, fatigue, irritability, fainting, sinus problems, muscle loss, rashes, bloodshot eyes, gallbladder diseases, and loose folds of skin among others.
With all the toxicities modern life brings, people should be more careful in watching their total health and well-being. And, with the growing numbers of people who suffer from weight problems, people should be more vigilant in keeping up with a healthy lifestyle.
Time and again, nutrition experts say that there are two major keys that lead to a healthy diet—these include eating the right amount of food depending on the person’s need and lifestyle and eating a range of foods to ensure that the person gets balanced diet.
And since food and eating properly contribute so much to a healthy diet, people should focus more on considering the food their body needs especially on a diet. Experts remind that diet foods should contain the necessary vitamins and minerals that are quite essential for weight control and metabolism. These diet foods should include Vitamins B2, B3, B5, B6, Vitamin C, choline, inositol, chromium, manganese, and zinc. Here is a partial list of some of nutritious diet foods that can be taken by people who are on a diet plan or diet program.
1. Fruits. Studies show that the perfect diet food out there includes a wide range of fruits. Aside from being an all-natural product, fruits are low in calories, rich in dietary fiber that helps boosts satiety, and satisfies a person’s sweet tooth without worrying about weight gain. Containing all the nutrients and vitamins it has, fruits are an ideal diet food for those who are into losing weight or weight reduction and those who are striving to maintain their weight. Other nutritional benefits of fruit include the prevention of vitamin deficiency, a rich source of dietary fiber and rich in folate.
2. Vegetables. Just like fruits, vegetables are also considered perfect diet foods especially for those who are controlling their weight control. Aside from being low in calorie-content, high in dietary fiber, and full of dietary nutrients that help maintain efficient metabolism, veggies—in various preparations—also make good and appetizing snacks.
Aside from being a rich source of important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B-complex micronutrients, vitamins C, E and K that combat vitamin deficiency, vegetables are also excellent sources of the protective plant micronutrient called “phytochemicals.” Having vegetables as diet food also lowers the risk of heart disease, cancers, and high blood pressure while protecting the body from having illnesses caused by muscle degeneration.
3. Grains. Whole grains have a long history of being an effective diet food for excellent weight management. Aside from heir high energy content, carbohydrate-rich grains especially whole grains are rich in dietary fiber and a useful source of dietary nutrients that helps metabolism.
4. Meat. Lean red meats or lean chicken/turkey meats, and fish are also ideal diet food because these are rich in protein, essential minerals and vitamins, and micronutrients for excellent metabolism.
5. Nuts and seeds. Although these are not high in calorie-content, nuts and seeds great diet foods because these satisfy the dieter’s appetite especially if consumed during snacks. These also make for a good diet food because they contain large amounts of vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber for good metabolism.
Made from fermented crushed apples, this powerful supplement has been used by millions to lose weight, and to help you generally feel better.
Apple Cider Vinegar Extreme supplement are available for purchase online.
All the content on this blog, including medical opinion and any other health-related information, are solely to provide information only. Any information/statements on this blog are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, and should NOT be a substitute for health and medical advice that can be provided by your own physician/medical doctor. We at Nano Singapore Shop, encourage you to consult a doctor before making any health or diet changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition.