During the early teen years, boys and girls are at greater risk for acne breakouts, when the oil glands in the body start over-producing sebum (skin oil that can resemble grease). Adding to the problem, your body sheds dead skin cells constantly – and some people have "sticky" skin cells that don’t shed normally – they just remain attached to the skin. In people who have acne, these excess skin cells mixes with the oil and plug up the hair follicles.
Acne Common Myths
Quite a few myths are floating around out there about what causes acne. Let’s straighten some out right now.
- Dirt does not cause acne
- A blackhead may look like dirt plugging one of your pores, but that is not the cause.
- The sebum and skin cells mix together and sometimes rise to the opening of the pore. But the real cause is still deep inside the pore.
- Enjoy your chocolate and French fries. Indulging in these favorites does not increase the production of sebum in the skin.
- Some of you may have been told that sexual activity or masturbation can cause acne. Not true.
What Makes Acne Worse?
- If you use makeup, suntan products or hair products that contain oil – they can add to the pore-plugging problem.
- Being under stress – like applying to schools, or struggling with grades, or even dating pressures – can help bring out acne.
- During a girl’s period, hormone levels may create more sebum in the skin, which can worsen the breakouts.
- And, beware of the sun – not only can it damage your skin and cause premature aging – it can also cause pimples.
While keeping your skin clean is an important part of treatment, remember to be gentle – no hard scrubbing, no picking or squeezing. You can survive acne. [divider width="915px"]
Factor Causes Acne
Did you know that common Acne, also known as Acne Vulgaris, is suffered by up to 85% of adolescents and young adults? That is an extremely high portion of the population which is affected by this skin disorder. The cause of Acne is not fully known, but there are several factors which contribute to the development of this inflammatory skin disorder. [ux_image id="1802"] Acne is caused due to excessive oil in human body. The glands in the skin secrete excessive amount of oil that block the hair follicles by combining naturally with the dead skin cells. Generally, people who eat a lot of oily food suffer from this problem. Due to acne some parts of the human body are affected. Some of them are face, arms etc. The oil secretions behind the blocked pores create a perfect environment for uncontrolled multiplication by the bacteria in the skin. In response, the skin inflames, producing the visible lesion (acne). Rashes are occurred on the body. The face, upper arms, back and chest are especially affected by acne.
All the content on this blog, including medical opinion and any other health-related information, are solely to provide information only. Any information/statements on this blog are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, and should NOT be a substitute for health and medical advice that can be provided by your own physician/medical doctor. We at Nano Singapore Shop, encourage you to consult a doctor before making any health or diet changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition.