Acne is a problem faced primarily by teenagers across the world. However, it is not uncommon to find acne in individuals aged between twenty to forty years. Acne is a skin problem characterized by blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, and lumps. It generally occurs on the face, neck, upper arms, and shoulders.
Bacteria, excessive oil, dirt, make-up, and sweat are some of the factors that cause acne. Therefore, acne skin care must be targeted at keeping the skin clean and reducing its oiliness. Individuals with acne should wash their faces with warm water and soap or face wash that is specially manufactured for acne-prone skin. Products containing tea tree oil are supposed to be beneficial.
While application of a sunscreen with SPF of 15 or higher is essential while going out during the day, night cream should be avoided. Astringent can be used to cleanse and tone the skin, followed by the application of a mild, water-based moisturizer.
Pimples should not be touched frequently or squeezed, as this often aggravates the problem and leaves behind stubborn marks. Tomato, mint, or cucumber juice can be applied on the face and the neck. They provide a blemish-free complexion. In addition, a weekly face mask made of almond powder, milk, and rosewater can prevent pimples and lead to glowing skin.
Oil-based make up should not be used on acne-prone skin. Although a variety of concealers are available in the market to hide skin blemishes, they offer only a temporary solution. In fact, some concealers add to acne problems. Apart from following a skin care regimen based on suitable products, diet needs to be controlled to prevent or cure acne. This is because acne also results from digestive disorders. Intake of fried food, sweets, tea, coffee, soft drinks, and alcohol should be cut down. Instead, fresh lime, tomato, or carrot juice can be taken in-between meals. These help to cleanse and hydrate the body internally, and only a healthy body can possess flawless, glowing skin. Therefore, a mix of internal and external care is required to combat acne.
6 Steps To Clearer Skin
What if I told you that in order to have the clear skin you don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars every month. Actually, you may not have to spend any money.
- Drink lots of purified water. Look, many of us with acne problems continue to drinks all of these sodas that have a lot of acids, colors, etc. Soda can really mess up the face. Leave all sodas and other drinks on the market alone and stick to only purified water. Try these waters – Poland Springs, Volvic, Penta (expensive), Smart Water, or Dasani. Water does wonders to the body!
- Drink lots of Green Tea (at least 1 to 2 times a day). Green Tea has many antioxidants that will help in decreasing your acne problems. Try purchasing the Celestial Seasonings Green Tea.
- Eliminate any and all fried foods or greasy foods from your diet. Yes, I know many dermatologists will disagree with this. What I have found is that when I stopped eating fried or greasy foods my face automatically started clearing and improving to the point where I was receiving compliments almost every day. Fried food carries too much grease that can cause big pimples to form in your face. Also, many fast food places use old grease over and over again. Old or reused grease is one big block in your way if you’re trying to get clear skin. Not Good!
- Eat a lot of vegetables (raw organic baby spinach is wonderful) and fruits every day. Yeah, I know you heard this before, but some of you are still not doing it. Vegetables and fruits alone. Many vegetables and fruits have antioxidants and vitamins that can help in healing and clearing the skin.
- Use pure vitamin E oil for your face. I am telling you, it will make you look good in about two to three months. Vitamin E oil has all the healing and antioxidant properties to help in clearing your skin. Apply to your face every night before going to bed.
- Eliminate all stress. I know for some, stress can result in many breakouts on the face. Some individuals are not good at dealing with stress. You know what, let the stress go!
Enjoy these steps and take your time. Give yourself 3 to 6 months to see actual improvements in your skin. For these steps to work properly, please add each step to your daily routine. Each step must be performed on a daily basis. Consult your local dermatologist if you have any worries.
All the content on this blog, including medical opinion and any other health-related information, are solely to provide information only. Any information/statements on this blog are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, and should NOT be a substitute for health and medical advice that can be provided by your own physician/medical doctor. We at Nano Singapore Shop, encourage you to consult a doctor before making any health or diet changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition.